One of the things that would be helpful to me is a list of recommended readings. I've been able to catch some of these in class, but I'm sure I missed some.
Also, an interesting question I have is: How would the field of Instructional Design be different if the difference between technology and science were better understood? How would that affect research efforts (what direction)? How would that affect classrooms, teachers, students? What would be different?
It seems to me that one significant difference would be better design tools instead of a cult-like following toward strictly describing effective learning and teaching.
Thanks for setting this up Keith!
ReplyDeleteOne of the things that would be helpful to me is a list of recommended readings. I've been able to catch some of these in class, but I'm sure I missed some.
Also, an interesting question I have is: How would the field of Instructional Design be different if the difference between technology and science were better understood? How would that affect research efforts (what direction)? How would that affect classrooms, teachers, students? What would be different?
It seems to me that one significant difference would be better design tools instead of a cult-like following toward strictly describing effective learning and teaching.
Any thoughts anyone?